Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One for One


I just learned about the shoe company named Toms. Toms sells shoes, but for every shoe that someone buys they send another pair to a child in need. Their motto is "One for One". I am going to buy a pair, not only because they are really comfortable and cute, but because theyhelp others out in need.
I was reading about Toms mission on their website and I learned that the leading cause for disease in third world countries comes from the soil. This is why it is important that children have shoes to protect their feet. Children often get cuts on their feet too, and that makes it easy for the feet to become infected with disease if they are running around barefoot. I think that this company is doing something awesome. After I graduate I hope to start one of my own charities that can help people out. I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet, but I think that it is important to help out others more in need.

1 comment:

  1. I love TOMS! I own a pair, and it definitely won't be my last! I really admire what they do, and I think it's amazing. Every time someone compliments my shoes, I tell them they should buy some too! One for One<33

    ReplyDelete