Friday, September 3, 2010

Fire Drill!!!


Early this morning I was woken up by a beeping noise. At first I thought that it was my roommate's alarm clock, but after it beeped for a few minutes I decided that it was some of the construction work outside. Suddenly someone was pounding on my door yelling "get out!". I woke up my roommate and told her someone was pounding on her door, but she replied that she didn't care. However, she changed her mind when I told her I thought the fire alarm was going off. My floor starting marching outside. I was surprised when walking down the stairs that one of the maintenance workers was just calmly sweeping the floor. It wasn't until I went outside that I realized that it was only my floor that had to evacuate. Someone one my floor set off the fire alarm in the laundry room when she was using the drier. But really who does laundry at 8 on a Friday morning?!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the fire alarm was set off by the drier! That's crazy. Did everyone on your floor exit, or did they realize that it was just a false alarm? I would have been pretty upset to be woken up due to a drier, especially since it would probably be hard to fall back asleep after such a sudden awakening.

    ReplyDelete