Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bed Bugs EW!



I was watching the news while I was working out and I watched a story that was covering the new bed bug problem that is spreading across the country. The news covered a story on a woman that had bed bugs in here home. She has been trying to get rid of them for several months but they are too hard to find and kill. The woman never has anyone come to her house or goes to her friend's homes for fear of spreading the bedbugs. In order to get rid of all the bed bugs in her home she had to have a dog come and find them in her home and then she had to put all of her home items into a room that was heated to 130 degrees. Bed bugs can be killed if they are exposed to heat that is over 130 degrees. What I thought was really interesting, and a little gross, was when the news interviewed a scientist who studies bed bugs. In order for him to study the bed bugs he has to allow the bugs to feed on his skin. A couple of days later I got a flyer in my mailbox that describes how to protect yourself from bedbugs. It's scary knowing that someone can easily get bed bugs through the contact of furniture or clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment